Pediatric Cancer Does Not Discriminate
It doesn't matter your race, ethnicity, where you live or what you have, when it comes to pediatric cancer, this disease does not discriminate. It can come into anyone's life at anytime, unexpectedly and without warning. When it does, the life of the family is turned upside down, and the child must undergo treatment immediately or consequences would be devastating. The stress of having a sick child, coupled with financial struggles makes for a very difficult time for the entire family.
Knowing first hand what it is like to have a child with cancer, The Max Cure Foundation created the Roar Beyond Barriers program. This program financially supports low-income and military families battling pediatric cancer.
The Dunk Your Kicks fundraiser allows MCF to receive money by collecting and selling the used sneakers to an international recycler of used clothing, who resells the "kicks" as affordable footwear in developing nations. Funds received by MCF, goes to support the Roar Beyond Barriers program and advance the fight against pediatric cancer.
Pediatric Cancer Facts
- Cancer is the leading cause of death from disease among children in this country.
- Each year 13,500 children (19 and under) in the United States are diagnosed with cancer.
- At any one time, approximately 40,000 children in this country are in treatment for the disease.
- Children with cancer are typically treated with adult drugs causing harsh side effects.
- The last pediatric cancer drug that was created was done so by accident in the early 1980's.
- Pediatric cancer research is critically underfunded and is in dire need of funds.
Match A Dunk
You may not have a Dunk Your Kicks campaign near you (yet), but you can also support these children by Matching a Dunk below. If there is a Max Cure child in your area, we will make sure that your donations stay local. Each dunk is worth 1 dollar!
Every donation makes a difference! Fill out the form below and we will send you a donation receipt via email!